“Global Market Woes, Political Change, and Fresh Opportunities in Latin America”
Category : IAPGH Annual Meeting
Venue - DoubleTree Houston Greenway Plaza Hotel
Guest Speaker: Carlos A. Garibaldi, Managing Director, HSBC Global Banking, Resources and Energy Group
• Current market conditions are focusing O&G companies more on survival than growth. But you can’t replace production by cutting Capex and Overhead
• This oil price crisis will pass (…eventually)
• The political pendulum in LatAm seems to be swinging back in the right direction, aiming for balance (vs. overshooting once again)
• LatAm offers tremendous resources and multiple opportunities rather close to home. We will highlight opportunities in Argentina, Bolivia. Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Venezuela
• The dilemma is being a first mover, or a first follower…
About the speaker:
Carlos Garibaldi is currently Managing Director - HSBC Global Banking and Markets, where he leads O&G Advisory in the Americas.
With over 35 years of industry experience, Carlos’ career evolved from hands-on field operations to reservoir engineering, planning, business development, and M&A&D. Carlos’ career developed in Amoco (Argentina, Research and International), San Jorge International (President & COO), Chevron Latin America (Vice President of Business Development), G&G Energy Consultants (Founding Partner), Harrison Lovegrove (Managing Director Americas O&G M&A and Partner), Standard Chartered Bank (Managing Director for Latin America O&G M&A) and Tecpetrol (US Country Manager and Director of North America - Operations and Business Development).
Carlos earned a professional degree in Chemical Engineering from the Universidad de Buenos Aires, a M.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Tulsa, and an MBA from Rice University.
Event registration: 11:30am
Registration for this event will be open until 6:00 PM, Tuesday 03/22/16.
Save the date for the following events:
May 4th, 2016 IAPG Houston Annual OTC Cocktail
May 12th, 2016 Shale En Argentina, The Future of Shale: Vaca Muerta, Six Years of Understanding the Play
Event sponsorship available (contact firstname.lastname@example.org). Registration and further details coming soon.
Start Date :
2016-03-24 12:30 PM
End Date & Time :
2016-03-24 2:30 PM
Booking Start Date :
Booking End Date :
Event Starts in Event Ends at
|“Global Market Woes, Political Change, and Fresh Opportunities in Latin America”||$ 0.00|